Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They'll be here on Monday!!!



Corey and I went to the doctor this morning and found out both babies are still breech....shocked I am not! And, to add to matters Cage (Baby A) has dropped really really LOW and is not going to be turning anytime soon. With that the time came to schedule a C-Section...Monday at 5pm.

We had hopes the boys would both be over 6lbs by next week, but it doesn't look that way. Cage is showing 5lbs4oz and Colt is showing 5lbs13oz. Still about a 1/2lb difference, but Colt will most likely be less than 6lbs. They only have to be 5lbs and me over 35weeks to not have to spend time in the NICU (of course that is without any unforeseen issues) which they are and I am.
Corey and I had the conversation on Sunday about how we really didn't think I would make it this far into May without having them. At least I was thinking that way up until the middle of April. After that I really felt I would keep them until term and I most likely would if they weren't breech.

We will have to be at the hospital at 3pm on Monday and the surgery will take place at 5pm. He told us this morning I will be there for 3days. I don't know if that means I will get to come home on Wed or Thur. I plan to go to the hospital and preregister tomorrow and I will find out. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. The only downside is I can't eat after 9am on Monday morning. That means a min of 8hrs with no food!!! And, who knows when they'll let me eat after I have the c-section it could be bad. Did someone miss the fact that I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant with twins and I'm Morgan and I LOVE to eat!?!?!? I want to cry just thinking about it. I can see it now...I get up early (on my last day to sleep in) just to have a bowl of cereal before 9am. By 12pm Corey will have me locked in the closet because I'll be so irritable and disagreeable as I starve :( Well, maybe it won't be that bad, but it could be :)

Corey still doesn't know the day and time we are having the boys. When we left the appointment this morning he told us it would be Monday or Tuesday at either 12pm or 5pm. I received the call with the final information after he had already gone to sleep for the day. I don't think 5:30pm is ever going to get here so I can wake him up and tell him :)

I plan on taking my laptop and/or iPad with me to the hospital and will try to get some pictures of the boys posted before we all come home and things are crazy. I'll find out tomorrow at preregistration what their policy is on such items and if they have WiFi.

Please keep us in your prayers and the members of our families as they all have to travel to be here except Brooke who lives in Texarkana.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan & Corey, this is soooo exciting! Can't believe they are FINALY gonna be here. I will be coming back to Houston Monday night for a few days and won't be there long enough for a visit. I promise that as soon as I get back long enough I will be up there to hold those babies and kiss them all over! ummm sugars....
    Love you both and you all will be in my prayers.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete