Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update...

Things have been a little crazy around here recently. Corey is working everyday this week and I'm so busy I can't catch myself LOL :)

Some how we have managed to get several things accomplished recently though. Forgive me if I repeat something from an earlier posting I didn't check to see what the last thing was I wrote about and I can't remember how long it has been.

As of right now we have all the insulation in the house and are ready for sheet rock and masonry. Both of which are supposed to start on Friday. The brick is already at the house and the stone is supposed to be there tomorrow. John and Brandon have spent the better part of the last three days hanging 3/4 ply wood in the great room. It is there so we can easily hang mounts anywhere without having to worry about finding a stud. Unfortunately we had to rip one down today...we as in Brandon...Nathaniel and I went out to the house today and ran some CAT V wire for better accessibility to the Internet throughout the house. It was COLD!!!!!!!!! All the vinyl is up as well on the porches and eves of the house. When the brick and stone are all up we can have them come back and do the gutters.

Corey and I purchased our surround sound units from eBay for both the living room and the great room. One came in yesterday and the other came in today. I have NO idea where we are going to put them. The boxes are as big as a 42" TV! We don't have anything stored here at the house but our storage unit can't hold anything else...I guess we will have to start imposing on friends.

Corey and I spent ALL day on Friday cleaning up around the house. I picked up trash while Corey cut up a tree and then he used a tractor to get everything into a stack. Brandon helped us in the end get the big pile put together. Then I swept the entire inside....We are going to have to have a cleaning person...I don't care what Corey says :) It looks really good without all the trash that people just leave. It's all part of it and the end result will be well worth it. Everything so far has gone well. Corey and I haven't had a disagreement about a particular design element of the home up to this point. It seems we are on the same page for almost everything. It has, thus far, been a very pleasant experience and I pray it continues to be so.

Exciting things besides sheet rock and masonry this week....I'm going to Canton with Mom on Thursday to purchase some kitchen chairs (at least that's the goal). Corey was supposed to go with us but he was called in to work his two days off this week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment