Saturday, January 30, 2010

Quick Update

I had every intention of posting the night before last and then again yesterday, but that didn't work out. Work is crazy right now.

Thursday, Corey and I met out at the house with several people around 1pm. First John (my builder who will also be making all my cabinets...he's VERY talented) and I started working on the cabinet layout and design. Then I spoke with Steelcrest about security system options. They were supposed to have us a bid by Fri at 3pm but I haven't heard back from them. Next a sound tech person from Soundz Good spoke with Corey and I about our surround sound options indoors and outdoors. Lastly the gentleman who we are ordering all our brick and stone from (he's out of Henderson) came by to measure the house. Finally about 3hrs after arriving John, Brandon, Corey and I were finished laying out all the cabinets and measuring. IT WAS COLD!

Yesterday, I called Brandon to let him know I would be in town around 4:15pm (he needed me to pick out some feet for cabinets). He told me I needed to have all my appliances picked out by Sat!!! I had no idea what to do so I went to Sears. A very nice man helped me go though brands and pick items at a reasonable price. We went with KitchenAid. The problem is the do not make all the items we need and that might look funny. Besides when Corey came home he didn't like the idea of it all that well. Brandon had given me a website of a supplier to go to. It had links to the actual manufactures websites for the brands they carried. I checked out Whirlpool (a little pricier), KitchenAid(much higher online than at Sears), Jenn-Air (getting up there on price). Then I went to Kenmore. They were not one of the brands the supplier had but the items I couldn't get in KitchenAid from Sears the gentleman had recommended Kenmore. With Kenmore Elite we are able to get everything we want under the same brand and we save a lot of money. Then Brooke calls me (she had talked to me while I was on my way to Sears) and lets me know she had checked her email while on her dinner break at work and she had a 10-12% off coupon for appliances at Sears!!! So today, after I get a new set of tires, I will be off to Sears to purchase all of our appliances.....

No comments:

Post a Comment